Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Letting go...

Let it go. Seems like a simple concept but sometimes it's easier said than done. My mother used to always tell me that sometimes you have to let go of the bad stuff you've got in your hand to let a blessing inside.

I remember when I made my decision to leave Family Guy like it was yesterday. I had a great job. Worked with great people on one of the most successful shows on television. But I knew I had to make a move. And on paper, I did it at the worst time. It was the beginning of the year, I didn't have a lot of money, and no gig lined up. But in the back of my mind, I knew I had to let go of one thing to get another. And it took my willingness to plunge off of the bridge with no parachute and only talent, hope, and God on my side for me to realize...that I cannot fail. I will not hit the bottom. It just won't happen. And as soon as I left, all of sudden 'luck' kicked in. And if you read my blogs, you know I don't believe in luck. Luck is nothing more than opportunity meeting preparation. So moral of that story is stay ready so you never have to get ready. And even though it might feel like you can't take that leap of faith. Just know that you can.

Sometimes you have things in your life that you know you shouldn't have there, but just can't seem to shake it. It's like a drug. At the time, it feels great. But when you step back and look at your situation, you realize that this 'thing' is no good for you. But it's too late. You're stuck on it. You try to 'make it work'. And this can be a person, a relationship, a job...it can be anything. And the only advice I can give is that you're going to have to be in that 'uncomfortable' area for a lil bit. That 'lonely' place. That ..'damn, I should just call 'him/her' place. That 'damn, I'mma quit this drug tomorrow. Just one more hit'. That "at the end of the week, I'm quitting this dreadful job.". But you can't give in. You have to go through with it and when it feels like s***, you have to stay there. And it's going to suck. And it's going to hurt. And it's going to feel bad. But at the end of it all, you're going to end up in a much better place than where you started. But are you willing to go through the fire to come out golden?

It's still early in 2009. If you've got some baggage you need to throw out, throw it out now. Because one thing you don't get back is time. And you don't want to lose valuable time on something that you know is bad for you. Let it go. Trust me. Something better is waiting on you.

"Why everything that's supposed to be bad make me feel so good?
Everything they told me not to, is exactly what I would.
Man I tried to stop man, I tried the best I could but...
You make me smile.
What's your addiction? Is it money? Is it girls? Is it weed?
I've been afflicted. By not one. Not two, but all three.
She's got the same thing about me, but more about us
So she's coming over. So I guess that means I'm a drug"


~Kanye West - Addiction

3 comments:

Lena said...

I always tell people that you have to be ready and God is not going to wait until you are. You just have to believe that He will not give you a vision with provision.

Blessings,
Lena

JARCHER said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
pamod negi said...

Great blog really enjoyed reading it. Have bookmarked you and will check back regular. Please feel free to take a look at my blog...
Cheap Flights to Harare
Flights to Harare
Harare Flights

About Me

Just a guy trying to put his stamp on the world. Everything else you need to know about me, will probably be in this blog.